Medal, Prizes, Freeships, Scholarships
1. D. Madhavi Amma Memorial Gold Medal awarded to a Woman candidate who secures the highest percentage of marks at the Master of Business Economics (Previous) Examination, obtaining first division.
2. Yudhishthar Memorial Prize: Rs. 1000/- per annum, awarded to a student in M A (English) as per norms laid down by the Memorial Committee.
3. Political Science Essay Prize (for the best essay on a subject selected by the Committee of Course in Political Science).
4. Uma Baquaya Prize: Rs. 1000/- per annum to a student in Master of Business Economics for the best project work.
5. V.M. Bakshi Post-Doctoral Fellowship is available in the Departments of Biochemistry, Biophysics, Genetics, Microbiology and Plant Molecular Biology.
6. Rotary Club of Delhi Chanakyapuri Scholarship: Rs 1000/- per month (tenable for nine months) available to 3 students from the Applied Sciences, Arts, Social Sciences.
7. South Campus Endowment Scholarships: 42 Scholarships of the value of Rs. 250/- per month each( tenable for ten months) are available for Postgraduate students of South Campus and colleges under its administrative control.
8. Indian Mathematical Society Scholarship is awarded to three M A/M Sc Mathematics students of the University.
9. Nupur Mathur Memorial Scholarship: Rs. 500/- per month available to a student enrolled for Master of Business Economics Course on merit–cum-means basis.
10. Post-graduate Scholarships called as ‘Monsanto P.G. Scholarships’ of the value of Rs. 400/- p.m. are being offered by M/s. Monsanto India Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi to four meritorious students each pursuing the M Sc course in Biochemistry, Genetics, Microbiology and Plant Molecular Biology and Biotechnology.
11. Bharti Scholarship sponsored by M/s Bharti Foundation for students pursuing M Sc (Informatics) from IIC. The value of the Scholarship is equivalent to annual fees and hostel charges or Rs. 50,000/- whichever is lower. (under consideration)
Besides the above, awards & several fellowships are awarded to research scholars enrolled for M Phil/Ph D programmes funded by various agencies such as the University Grants Commission and the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research. Pre-doctoral and post-doctoral fellowships for research scholars are also available for various research projects particularly in science subjects. A limited number of fellowships are available through the Scholarship Cell of the University.