Microstation & Omnilog System (BIOLOG)
Microstation & Omnilog System
Identifies over 1900 species of microorganisms. These instruments use the proprietary tests in a convenient MicroPlate™ test format that measures cellular metabolism. When an organism is introduced to the wide variety of pre-selected carbon sources in the MicroPlate, it produces a characteristic pattern called a metabolic “fingerprint”. The metabolic fingerprint is utilized to identify the microbial characterization chart from the database.
There are two systems for the identification of microbes.
- Fully- Automated System- Omnilog
- Semi- Automated System- Microstation.
- Uses the new GENIII redox chemistry, applicable to a wide range of both aerobic and anaerobic bacteria.
- GENIII dissects and analyzes the species on the basis of cell's ability to metabolize all major classes of biochemicals and some important physiological properties such as pH, salt, lactic acid tolerance, reducing power, and chemical sensitivity.
- Microbial identification (Aerobic, Anerobic bacteria and Fungus) upto species level.
Sample submission guidelines. PDF
Sample submission form for DU. PDF
Sample Submission form for users outside DU. PDF